How to Promote Your Content When You Have No Followers

Everyone talks about content marketing, how it's so amazing, but why is it that every time you write a blog post, no one reads it? Well today I'm going to teach you how to promote your content when you have no followers. Sure, if you have thousands of Facebook fans and Twitter followers like me, it's easy. But if you don't, it's still easy, and I'm going to show you what I would have done when I was starting off. Heck, every time I started a new blog in a new space, under a new author name, 'cause it's not me always creating a new blog.
how to promote a blog website
Let's say it's one of my coworkers, or a company I invested in. What I'll do, is I'll teach them this strategy and you know what? It's how they grow their blog each and every single time. When you're writing a blog post, what you need to do is link out to relevant sources. Even if it's a competitor, that's okay. Don't worry about it. If someone has other amazing content that'll benefit your readers, link out to them. It really is that simple, because by doing that you're putting them first. It shows trust. As you build more trust, people will love you and they'll keep coming back.

Let's say I'm writing a detailed article on marketing and there's some stats on how many people are clicking on paid ads, or how much revenue Google is making, or how much more people are coming from mobile these days on Google search versus desktop. Well, I'll use other websites that have stats to back up the points that I'm making, and I link out to them. In general, every time I have a 2,000 word blog post, I link out to at least 10 to 20 sources.

Now you don't want to shove them in there, you don't want to just link up for the sake of it, only link out when it benefits other people. Each time you link out because it's benefiting your readers, they'll love you, because they're learning more.

In addition to that, the people you're linking out, will also love you 'cause you're driving free traffic to them. Let's say I link out to John from one of my blog posts. I'll email John saying, "Hey John, I love your work, so much so that I even linked out to you in my latest blog post. Feel free to check it out. Cheers, Neil. P.S. If you share this post, it wouldn't just make my day, it would make my year." When you do that, a lot of people will feel flattered because you linked out to them, and plus, they're content's amazing, so why wouldn't you link out to them? They'll start sharing it on Twitter, they'll start sharing it on LinkedIn, Facebook et cetera, and this will help you get more traffic. That's how I promote all of my content when I'm starting off. That's what I did when I started my blogs.

Now I have a big reader base so I don't have to do that, but when you're starting off, that's what you need to do. It's that simple. Thanks for reading my article and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
How to Promote Your Content When You Have No Followers How to Promote Your Content When You Have No Followers Reviewed by Aghisna on 8:11 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.